Are you doing everything you can to streamline the customer experience?
At HighGear, it's critical for our financial services, insurance, energy and government customers to comply with industry regulations.
If processes break down or systems fail, the stakes are extremely high for organizations in heavily-regulated industries.
Learn what’s really at stake for an organization like yours and how workflow automation can keep operations running smoothly...
A financial services organization has to deliver financial or legal document(s) after an important transaction happens. There’s a need for specific documentation to fulfill regulatory requirements, and it all has to go through a specific approval process -- which means the documentation must be ready for audit when that time comes.
What’s at stake:
The end customer could lose money or other assets; face financial penalties; or even be held accountable for illegalities.
An insurance company must produce and disclose reports to the state insurance compliance division that measure data, describe those metrics, and show results. Some of the data could likely become public, and/or turn into an aggregated public metric.
The data comes from one (or more) source(s), and must route through an approval process -- sometimes more than once -- before approval and delivery of the report to the state entity.
What’s at stake:
Penalties. Bad public data, which can affect legislative decisions. Loss of license, which would lead to many suddenly uninsured customers.
An energy utility company must expand highly regulated infrastructure -- such as a pipeline -- that requires negotiation of a complex system of pre-established lines and authorities. For example, the pipeline must cross someone else’s pipeline; privately-owned land; enter the jurisdiction of multiple local towns; and the land of indigenous people.
In order to get approval to build the pipeline, all parties involved must come to formal, documented agreements with the company. In turn, the contracts require fulfillment of many detailed commitments upon implementation -- such as maintaining the levy; checking water quality each quarter; donating to the community’s schools or other infrastructure initiatives; and more. Tens of thousands -- and up to millions -- of tasks and details must be tracked.
What’s at stake:
People’s homes and communities. Access to clean water, power and other basic needs. The environment. Major lawsuits. Millions of dollars.
A military unit stationed abroad must handle large-scale logistics, such as tracking shipments of supplies from the government. When the goods arrive to the base, there are highly specific protocols to handle the materials in a certain way, depending on what they are -- as well as provide information to HQ back home on storage and distribution upon arrival (such as photographs of the things delivered, or other proof that protocols are followed).
What’s at stake:
Mismanagement of hazardous materials. Mismanagement of publicly funded supplies. Lives.
Are you doing everything you can to avoid disaster for YOUR customers, clients, and end users? How can YOU streamline the customer experience in your own organization before it’s too late?
Here’s a big hint:
Become a master at fulfillment management and tracking. Develop and document better processes of your product and service fulfillment. Eventually, they’ll become ingrained as best practices.
MASTER THE WAY YOU HANDLE CONTENT + DOCUMENT REQUESTS
- Allow customers to make their own requests.
- Limit the possibilities for missing data.
- Allow your customers to log into the system and see the status of their request. With the right system in place, you can allow them to only see certain things, and limit their functionality.
- Prove you did it. Say, “Here’s the proof.”
MASTER INTER-DEPARTMENT STEPS
- Meet with all teams and do task discovery. Team members then work on their part, sometimes solo and sometimes together to complete the task. Is there a deliverable to the client? At what point do we need to alert accounting for billing? Should it integrate with the financial system? Automate multi-department collaboration from request to delivery to billing. Having a system in place ensures you don’t miss any steps.
- If you master all of these day-to-day workflows, employees can focus on strategic things, and have time to think about new products and services that enhance the customer service experience.
MASTER THE FEEDBACK LOOP
- Get client feedback throughout -- BEFORE there is a crisis. Stay in front of your clients’ needs.
- Get final client approval in a timely way before you formally deliver the “project.”
IMPLEMENT A COMPREHENSIVE NO-CODE WORKFLOW SOLUTION
- Get everyone on the same page and make sure all needs are known in all departments.
- Implement systems that automate workflows and avoid potential issues before they surface.